AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it's possible to reflect the beam of a CRT projector off of a mirror to simulate a longer distance. I ask because I have acquired a fairly nice projector from a business auction and I live in my college's dorms. I have about 11.5 feet, but I would like to mount the projector pointing up and then mount a mirror above it so that I get a longer projection distance. Any help would be appriciated, thanks.

-Bob

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Bob

That should be no problem, just get a good distortion free mirror.

Deron

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Absolutely this can be done. Most A/V rooms in boardrooms that do not have depth use this trick when rear projecting. High end systems use optical grade mirrors that are megabucks, but I would assume that for most HT applications in low res (video) mode, that a standard glass mirror would work pretty well.

Experiment and let us know how it goes..:)

Curt

·
Registered
39 Posts
@BobWard9000 What projector do you have? I have been thinking about doing this myself with my Barco 1209. I was planning to use a "regular mirror" at least as a start, to see if it´s enough.

Please report back to the forum if you go ahead. I´m very interested in the results. :)

/Olof

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.