AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sharp 10K on a 131 x 77 screen (1.3 gain).

The room can be so dark, you can't see your hand in front of your face; that's with the PJ off!

I have tan walls and a white ceiling. Once the PJ is on, there is plenty of light. Do you think that impacts my picture because of the reflective light?

I was wondering if the walls and ceiling were black, how much would that cut down on the reflective light and would I notice a difference in picture quality?

I will be building a dedicated theater room with dark walls, but was wondering if I will see a major iimprovement once I move into that environment.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
yes it will improve it!

secondary reflections are just as important as primary reflections. If ANY unwanted light hits the screen it will have an impact.

The cheapest and best thing anyone can do to their HT image is buy a gallon of flat black paint for the walls

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Tryg is right, the darker the better, black is best---in fact I've heard that black felt is better than black paint because it absorbs even more light. But you don't have to give up looks to get a dramatic improvement... check out some of the dedicated theaters in the "Photo Gallery" link at the top of this page to get some good examples of what people have done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.