AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bit the bullet and switched to Dtivo. I'd like to use my 120G HD in my UTV as a secondary HD in my Windows PC. I know there used to be a web site with the instructions for achieving this. Does anyone have this info?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yup...it's dealdatabase.com.

You want mhd3. There are two versions. Just try one to see if it works, if it doesn't, try the other version.

It's in one of the stickies in the UltimateTV forum. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Will mdh3 work with a drive placed in a usb enclosure? I discoverd that winhex does seem to be able to work on a usb drive (but I haven't registered it, so I don't know if all the functions work, but it will read one just fine).

If mdh3 would work on a usb drive, then we would have a rather much safer way to place utv images onto a drive. I have a spare utv with a 3.5 system on it that I want to upgrade to 3.7.

If I could unlock it with mhd3, then write the 3.7 image onto it, all via a usb enclosure, I'd never have to even open up my pc, which would be really cool.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket
Will mdh3 work with a drive placed in a usb enclosure?
I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. I would guess that mhd3 was written based on IDE communications. I believe USB drives may be different. :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.