AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have a nec lt-280.

Specs: http://www.projectorcentral.com/NEC-LT280.htm

I have it hooked up to my computer so I watch all my dvds and movies through my computer.

Right now I have my resolution set to 1024x768 on my computer which is native for the projector. The refresh rate is set to 85hz and the max is 120hz.

One of my friends pointed out to me that I should raise the refresh rate and the picture quality should be a little better. Should I put it at 120hz which is the max setting?

Also one more question I have about 900hours on my projector and I've noticed every once in a while it will flicker for a few seconds like from bright to dark. What could this be?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Unless you notice flickering a higher refresh rate won't be noticeable. However, if you can set the refresh rate to a multiple of 24, you may be able to reduce the effect of judder from 3:2 pulldown, like using 48 hz.

Though, imo, unless you need the extra lumen output, a ht projector would be infinitely better than that projector (600:1 cr...
).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah this is my first projector and I got it for almost free. So now I'm hooked on the big screens and plan to get a full 1080p projector once the bulb on this one dies.

In the mean time though I do enjoy this projector 720p movies show great and ps3 games look pretty damn good. I'm projecting onto a 106inch blackout cloth screen.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Enjoy before the upgradeitis bug bites ya!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts