Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum,

My 5040 (90 days just expired 2 weeks ago) get's stuck on the please wait boot screen and won't go any further.

Last night we noticed that we weren't getting any new channel guide information, I went into 243 zones and tried to force a net connect (via modem) and the machine wouldn't respond to the request. I then selected clear chanel guide, the replay rebooted, but then stays on the replaytv "please wait" screen. I have scoured the forums and have removed all cables, waited 30 minutes, pressed the power button while off, but I still have the please wait screen.

I'm in a bit of a pickle as I convinced my wife that moving from our showstopper, which never had a problem to the 5040 was the right thing to do, but between the software freezes and now this it may be awhile before I'm trusted on the gadget front .

Thanks for your help,

Matthew:( :( :( :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
The machine is dead. Try unplugging all the cables from RTV including the power, leave it isolated for 15 mins and then connect only RTV with TV, turn it ON. If it still stays on Please wait contact tech support for RMA else get a replacement straight from retail.

Harry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Harry,

Dead dead? Does it sound like a hardware problem? Is this something that replacing the hard drive would address? Downloading the 5040 image? Or does the fact that it's stuck on the please wait screen mean that it's not even talking to the hard drive? I'm out of warranty, any ideas what the costs run on sending it back to replay?

Thanks,

Matthew

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
This happened to me once. I unplugged every thing A/C, Cables input and output. Was going to RMA the unit the next day. a day later just for the hell of it I hooked the unit back up and it was working again. Had not have that "please wait" problem again. Been oh 3 months now. Try unplugging EVERYTHING for a half a day or so. If that do not work re imaging the HD will most likely fix it. Yes it's a pain in the butt and should not happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.