AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted some babble in a firmware thread and it got me thinking....we should see how well units are doing that have been Refurbished. I got my XA1 from Overstock and have virtually no issues with mine (of course it is a bit slow compared to G2).

I don't know if there has been any attempt to see if drives in refurbs are all new, etc..

for people without DVI displays, how are your refurbs doing?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
My goodness, I have seen it all!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Toshiba seems to be doing a good job getting these back into circulation. I would suspect there are few bad ones getting through. Sometimes, a refurb goes through a whole lot more quality control than a new machine does. What kind of warranty are you getting with yours?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Got mine from Overstock as well. Looked like new, and has operated flawlessly. Just had my sister and her hubby over to watch MI III and they were absolutely blown away by the experience. Best $425 (as I recall) I've EVER spent!

htomei

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
I still would like an XA1 for the right price (cheaper than is realistic, most likely, though). I also want to tinker with putting my add-on drive in there and modding the CPU and RAM to try to offset the G1 slowness.

XA1 is a beautiful player, though, even if it is a huge beast.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I bought a refurb HD-A1 for my brother from eBay (seller: WeGotBetterDeals) for $299, and it came preloaded with FW 2.0. It also looked cosmetically perfect. But my brother has been having problems with HDMI-HDMI sync with his Sony RPTV, and also upconverting some Region-9 DVDs (all original DVDs - NOT pirated ones). The HD-A1 refuses to upconvert the Region-9 DVDs over HDMI or component
with an error message displaying that the max allowed output is 480p.

I have personally seen this problem when I visited his house over the Christmas weekend. My HD-A1 (bought brand new in June '06) has never had these issues, but I am at FW 1.4, and have not upgraded to FW 2.0 after hearing about many problems with it.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Any A2 refurb owners out their? I'm thinking about ordering a A2 refurb, since I missed out on the $100 rebate. I got a BD player, to see what BD had to offer, and then returned it.

Sounds like a win win situation.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.