AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a refurb Sharpvision XV-Z10000U with full one year USA warrentee from an authorized dealer for a little over $5k. This seems like a very good price, but I'm a little bit about purchasing a refurb projector. Has anyone bought a refurb projector here? Was it a good purchase, or a dud.

Thanks,

mikebaby

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
in many cases a refurb can be better than new. New projectors roll off the line they throw some standard QC checks at it then box it up.

When that new projector fails with something simple like power supply or bulb or something in the first couple hours it gets returned. The guy refurbing it diagnoses, then probably does 10 times the QC checks before it's boxed up again.

I've had great results buying refurbed items over the years!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
The only thing that would worry me about a refurb was if it was returned because of some problem that wasn't bad enough to fix. For instance, a stuck on pixel might be within their specs, but they accepted a unit back to appease a dealer or client and then turn around and sell it as refurb. This would concern me more with LCDs and LCOS projectors (3 chippers), though.

--Darin

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hopefully you can find someone with first-hand experience with the dealer you are interested in.

I looked at the web site for Projector Center, and their page for the XV-Z10000U has a broken photo of the projector. (IE views it, but other browsers can't. Photoshop reports a corrupt file)

Perception means a lot, especially when it comes to purchasing big-ticket items (and even more so, when purchasing them online), and I would have reservations about a company that doesn't take care of such details to take equal care with their products.

The price sure is attractive, though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.