AVS Forum banner

601 - 620 of 1091 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
What to use as dated receipt or invoice for free bulb?

Hi - For those that sent in their free bulb rebate form, what did you use for the receipt and UPC code?
Is including a copy of the packing slip good enough or email or what?
And where is the UPC code found?

Thanks for any information on what is the best way to do this.

Thanks,
Allan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi - For those that sent in their free bulb rebate form, what did you use for the receipt and UPC code?

Thanks,
Allan
I used the receipt they emailed me for the purchase and the serial number off the projector.

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,148 Posts

Thanks,
Allan
I didn't see anything about asking for a UPC.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I didn't see anything about asking for a UPC.

There are instructions on the online rebate resource page. Not sure how much will epson enforce inclusion of UPC/Copy. Packing slip is accepted for receipt. UPC code can be found on one of the sides of the brown box. According to the instructions on the rebate form "UPC or a copy of UPC" must be included. (You can take a phone picture of the UPC label from the box and print that out).

https://epson.my-rebate.com/QuickRebateNew.aspx

Welcome to the Epson Rebate Pre-submission website.
You will need the following items to complete the submission of your rebate:

1. Copy/original dated store receipt or invoice with purchase(s) circled.
  2. The original or copy of the Epson UPC from the product box. Click here for a visual image of a typical UPC.
  3. Original product serial number label: the serial number that is usually located on the bottom or edge of the box.
  4. Customer Rebate Summary form provided at the end of this process.
  5. One envelope and stamp.
Link to check rebate after submission: https://epson.my-rebate.com/QuickTracker.aspx

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,148 Posts
There are instructions on the online rebate resource page. Not sure how much will epson enforce inclusion of UPC/Copy. Packing slip is accepted for receipt. UPC code can be found on one of the sides of the brown box. According to the instructions on the rebate form "UPC or a copy of UPC" must be included. (You can take a phone picture of the UPC label from the box and print that out).

https://epson.my-rebate.com/QuickRebateNew.aspx

Welcome to the Epson Rebate Pre-submission website.
You will need the following items to complete the submission of your rebate:

1. Copy/original dated store receipt or invoice with purchase(s) circled.
  2. The original or copy of the Epson UPC from the product box. Click here for a visual image of a typical UPC.
  3. Original product serial number label: the serial number that is usually located on the bottom or edge of the box.
  4. Customer Rebate Summary form provided at the end of this process.
  5. One envelope and stamp.
Link to check rebate after submission: https://epson.my-rebate.com/QuickTracker.aspx
The rebate form I used is different. Step 1 purchase projector. Step 2 attach your RECEIPT/INVOICE (no mention of UPC). Step 3 projector model, serial #, quantity. Step 4 name/address/phone/place of purchase/date of purchase. No call for a UPC on the form. It's odd they have two different lamp rebate forms.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am having a hard time calibrating the image to my liking. I have saved all the calibration settngs (including HarperVision and others) but somehow just not getting the pop I have been hoping for. On some streaming sources the colors look oversaturated with the provided calibration settings so I have been adjusting to my taste. The issue is that the image does not appear to have the "pop" that I got with my Optoma HD20 that this is replacing, despite being a much higher lumen projector. I am a photographer, and in simple terms, the histograms looks compressed (like it often looks in photography HDR images) so to my taste the image appears dull and lifeless.......
To quantify, if black is 1 and super bright is 10, my images go from 1-6 no more (perhaps that's how HDR is supposed to be on projectors?)

Would love to hear others thoughts about it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The rebate form I used is different. Step 1 purchase projector. Step 2 attach your RECEIPT/INVOICE (no mention of UPC). Step 3 projector model, serial #, quantity. Step 4 name/address/phone/place of purchase/date of purchase. No call for a UPC on the form. It's odd they have two different lamp rebate forms.

Yes, you are correct in stating that the mail in form doesnt mention UPC. Thats why I said not sure how much Epson will enforce the requirement for UPC. I think you should be okay without sending one. But incase they get back asking for one, dont throw the brown box away yet - atleast cut the UPC label out and keep with you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from ALOT of reading here and on other sites, it appears to me that IF, and maybe that's a big IF, you can get a good model of the refurb 5040ub for $1150, it seems like there's nothing that can touch it at that price. Would you agree?

It's been a long time since I've thrown my hat in the projector buying ring (currently have a 15 year old Panny AE900U 720p which I still love) so I was looking at the following models (new):

Epson 2150
BenQ 2050
BenQ TK800 (refurb as all I hear is amazing things about BenQ refurb)
BenQ 2550 (ditto refurb)
Sony VPL.. ..45ES

My room is very light controlled and I will most likely be painting the ceiling from white to black and making the walls dark.

But it sounds like the 5040 at this price is a no brainer over these others listed, with maybe the Sony ($1399 new) 2nd?

Does that sound right?

I would love to get the 5040ub if that's the case. But the number of folks saying they have to ship them back and get others scares me a bit. Unless maybe there are just so many more happy folks with their refurbs who just aren't posting...

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
same here. No mention of upc on mine

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Ordered one yesterday.

Has anyone submitted the free lamp rebate from using the "Online Rebate Pre-submission"? That looks like a streamed version and asks only for Purchase Date, Store, Model and serial number. No mention of UPC or Receipt/Invoice. Which method has a better chance of receiving the free lamp? I didn't call Epson, nor do I plan to do so. Refrub usually don't qualify for a free lamp offer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ordered one yesterday.

Has anyone submitted the free lamp rebate from using the "Online Rebate Pre-submission"? That looks like a streamed version and asks only for Purchase Date, Store, Model and serial number. No mention of UPC or Receipt/Invoice. Which method has a better chance of receiving the free lamp? I didn't call Epson, nor do I plan to do so. Refrub usually don't qualify for a free lamp offer.

You still need to mail them documents.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What is the purpose of online submission if one has mail the documents. Double work. I will mail it then, thanks.
From their website.....I'm not sure if it helps. Mine was allegedly processed June 5 and I still do not know anything.

If I complete the online submission, why do I still have to mail in the form and required information?
By completing the online submission process, your rebate can be expedited through the process once we receive the paperwork. This also ensures that all information required to validate your rebate is accurately captured. You still must mail in the rebate form and all supporting documentation to validate your claim to ensure that the correct product was purchased during the promotional period.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ordered one yesterday.

I submitted my info using the "Online Rebate Pre-submission" form. I mailed them the requested information. I did send them a copy of my receipt I printed from their website. I have received my free bulb. Really need to get around to putting some hours on my projector. Have had it for at least 2 months and I still have under an hour on it. SMH

·
Registered
460 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from ALOT of reading here and on other sites, it appears to me that IF, and maybe that's a big IF, you can get a good model of the refurb 5040ub for $1150, it seems like there's nothing that can touch it at that price. Would you agree?

It's been a long time since I've thrown my hat in the projector buying ring (currently have a 15 year old Panny AE900U 720p which I still love) so I was looking at the following models (new):

Epson 2150
BenQ 2050
BenQ 2550 (ditto refurb)
Sony VPL.. ..45ES

My room is very light controlled and I will most likely be painting the ceiling from white to black and making the walls dark.

But it sounds like the 5040 at this price is a no brainer over these others listed, with maybe the Sony ($1399 new) 2nd?

Does that sound right?

I would love to get the 5040ub if that's the case. But the number of folks saying they have to ship them back and get others scares me a bit. Unless maybe there are just so many more happy folks with their refurbs who just aren't posting...

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat, I have a Benq 2050A and I would like to upgrade as well. So I need this info myself.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I have a Benq 2050A and I would like to upgrade as well. So I need this info myself.
I'm not sure that this is the place to discuss this but the weight, size and differing throw ratio of the HC5040 over a HT2050A mean that there's more to consider than PJ performance.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
I too have been interested in the refurbished 5040 as well to replace my 2 year old Epson 2040 I got on Prime Days. I have been debating on this or a new 75" 4K TV for our living room to replace a 12 year rear projection 60" 1080p TV. I will have to sell some things for the boss, I mine wife to agree to either one. I have been leaning toward the 75" TV more since my room is not done and some prices on new models could be done by the time I finish it.

Not I know of tow guys in my area on the forum that have had good experience with getting a good one the first time and the other had to send it back at least 5 times I think. I think since there are still some available your chances. of getting a good one the first time is good. Good luck in getting a good one.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Epson 2150
BenQ 2050
BenQ 2550 (ditto refurb)
Sony VPL.. ..45ES

Does that sound right?

Thanks.
Yes, that is absolutely right.

That was my thought process when I ordered mine to replace a 5 year old Optoma HD25 DLP. I am thrilled at the image, it is absolutely stunning. The colours and dimensionality of the image is leagues above my Optoma which I also loved and still plan on keeping as its 3D with RF glasses is flawless.

I think if you are willing to play the refurb roulette, you WILL get a great one eventually. Many of us got a great unit from the first day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am having a hard time calibrating the image to my liking. I have saved all the calibration settngs (including HarperVision and others) but somehow just not getting the pop I have been hoping for. On some streaming sources the colors look oversaturated with the provided calibration settings so I have been adjusting to my taste. The issue is that the image does not appear to have the "pop" that I got with my Optoma HD20 that this is replacing, despite being a much higher lumen projector. I am a photographer, and in simple terms, the histograms looks compressed (like it often looks in photography HDR images) so to my taste the image appears dull and lifeless.......
To quantify, if black is 1 and super bright is 10, my images go from 1-6 no more (perhaps that's how HDR is supposed to be on projectors?)

Would love to hear others thoughts about it.
I’m also coming from a somewhat similar projector, the HD25. The image I have now is far far superior, but it took time for me to arrive at it.

I tried all the settings from others, and none worked for me. I basically just reset everything to default, put it in Natural mode, adjusted very minor amount:- turned off or lowered a lot of the picture sharping settings. Bumped colour saturation up to 53, brought brightness down to 47 or 48, and for my gray screen it looks good to where i don’t even tinker with it. This is for SDR. For HDR I found an audioholics article that had good settings with our latest firmware.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I’m also coming from a somewhat similar projector, the HD25. The image I have now is far far superior, but it took time for me to arrive at it.

I tried all the settings from others, and none worked for me. I basically just reset everything to default, put it in Natural mode, adjusted very minor amount:- turned off or lowered a lot of the picture sharping settings. Bumped colour saturation up to 53, brought brightness down to 47 or 48, and for my gray screen it looks good to where i don’t even tinker with it. This is for SDR. For HDR I found an audioholics article that had good settings with our latest firmware.
You are correct - I arrived at great settings of my liking following the exact same approach as you listed above. I do have the other calibrations saved though to occasionally compare. I would love to try the audioholics settings if you can share a link or post them here. Thanks!

601 - 620 of 1091 Posts