AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy a refurbished Pioneer 610 HD for 3997.00, it will come with a 90 day parts and labor warranty. It was refurbished by Pioneer themselves at their facility. My question is with only a 90 day warranty should I buy this set? What would be the pitfalls? This would be my first HD and RPTV set and I am not sure what RPTV failures there are and how long they would take to show up.

This purchase is from a B&M store and they are an authorized Pioneer Elite dealer, it includes delivery and setup. Any help and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

I did talk to Pioneer,and they said that firewire or some kind of digital in would be able to be incorporated in their future plugin tuners that will plug into this unit once some standard is reached.

Thank You,

Paul Harden

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Greg,

Thanks for the info, I found and read the previous thread, and it didn't answer all my questions. The unit is refurbished from Pioneer (I called Pioneer directly) in a Pioneer box. Since it is from Pioneer and not a dealer trying to pass it off as such, what do you think?

What normally goes wrong with RPTV's? Electronics, CRT's?

Should I try it out?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW the best price on a new Elite 610 - HD I could find on the net was 5,099.00 or 1,100.00 more than the refurbished unit and 2,500.00 less than the B&M store price

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.