AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some standard to bulb life when it comes refurbished projectors.

I'm looking at the Marantz VP8600 at second act.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Refurbished simply means repaired. If it was repaired properly all the original specs, including lamp life, will apply.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Sorry - I might've mis-read this. Were you asking if there was a set number of hours on the lamp in a refurbished projector? If so most manufacturers have a maximum amount of hours, at which point they put a new lamp in the unit, but I have no idea what Marantz's policy is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently bought a VP8600 from second act with almost 1800 hours on the bulb. When I called second act, they told my to contact Marantz and that they (Marantz) would send me a new bulb. I still haven't heard back from Marantz though...

ps: its an awesome projector

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKIII /forum/post/15559563

I recently bought a VP8600 from second act with almost 1800 hours on the bulb. When I called second act, they told my to contact Marantz and that they (Marantz) would send me a new bulb. I still haven't heard back from Marantz though...

ps: its an awesome projector

Your lamp should have had less than 800 hours on it. You need to be pushing this matter. The 2nd act refurb policy on the Marantz was no more than 20% of the lamp life used. The lamp is rated 4,000 hours so 20% of that is 800. Several people on here that received a projector with high lamp hours received a new lamp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts