AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a Toshiba A2 and really would like to get a Denon 2307CI to go along with it. The price tag is a little out of my budget right now. I can pick one up that is refurbishedby Denon and has a warranty with it (not sure of the details).

I have never gone for refurbished, but maybe its ok where the manufacturer is the refurbisher.

Any input appreciated;

Bill

·
Registered
76 Posts
Generally speaking. For mass market electronics, new equipment leaves the factory with minimal or no testing. Some fraction of those pieces will fail in some area right out of the box.

Refurbished (at the manufacturer) pieces have been opened and most likely returned for variety of reasons. These pieces are fixed (if broken) and then tested. Because of testing, I would go out on a limb and guess that less refurbs fail than new pieces that arent tested.

So if you aren't bothered by things like scratches and you are dealing with a company that truly does test their refurbed equipment, its a much better deal in my opinion. I would be cautious of non-manufacture refurbs or if you don't get the warm and fuzzies about the testing of the refurb equipment. Its the testing that has the value.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.