AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked one up but was wondering if someone who has one and has used one can answer a couple of questions for me. I am using the latest HCFR fork and selected contact mode.

1. I wasn't able to get it flush against my display, but it was fairly close (maybe an inch away from actually touching the screen). I could get it to be in 100% contact mode if I used some tape like I saw another user do, but was wondering if the method I used is fine with a plasma?

2. I did perform some meter calibration/Initialization by just changing the dial (which I think should be as good as placing it on a black matte surface since it blocks out the light with the cover it has on. But is this necessary at all with this spectro like it is with the eye one pro? If it is necessary, is it needed to be done every 10 minutes or when taking darker reading's? (30 IRE and under?) I tested both ways and didn't really see a difference in readings.

Thanks for any help anybody can offer.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

The dark readings are needed more often when you are playing with the dark end on a front projector. IT may be perfectly stable on a flat panel.

regards

·
Registered
12,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV  /t/1470152/regarding-colormunki-photo-spectro#post_23250488

Greetings

The dark readings are needed more often when you are playing with the dark end on a front projector. IT may be perfectly stable on a flat panel.

regards

around what luminance levels? under 10 cdm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts