AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you wish the room was built differently.

The room where you use your htpc to watch a movie?

Second question. Which room is it usually?

I wish I had a spot for 7.1 speakers.

My room is a odd shape for that.

I use my living room.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I have a 7.1 system and we use the living room in the 3-bedroom condo as the HT. I'd love to buy a bigger place, but since we're in the downtown heart of a big city, it's not cheap. If we do get a bigger place, I'd like to dedicate a room for HT and nothing else. If we ever get 1080p+ LED/Laser illuminated front projection systems, that'd be when I'd get one!

·
Registered
23,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8:13 /forum/post/12960882

Do you wish the room was built differently.

The room where you use your htpc to watch a movie?

I wish it was about 4 feet wider, and about 1-2feet taller, then I could fit 3 rows of 4 seats instead of only two rows of 3. Also would give me a bit more flexibility with projectors (offset) and allow a larger screen. 168" screen /drool. Of course, then I'd need 1000-1500 real, calibrated lumens

Quote:
Second question. Which room is it usually?

My Home Theater, it's actually pretty good though, I picked this house because of the room for the theater, oh, and the garage

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
The livingroom. Sonically it is all wrong, but it is what it is. The unfinished basement could be made into a great HT, but as of right now, the unfinished storage is more important to me.

With a 6 month old asleep by 7pm each night, more and more I find that serious watching gets done on the laptop, in a comfy recliner with a good set of headphones.

-Suntan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts