AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got our new V880 today and hooked it up and went to play the movie SWAT. Well it comes up with a screen that says "THIS DISC IS INTENDED FOR PLAY ON NON-MODIFIED REGION 1 PLAYERS There is nothing wrong with this Region 1 disc. To assure playback you should purchase or rent a disc DESIGNED for your region as set forth below. Below this is a world map picture with all the regions sectioned off on it. UHM WTF!!! This is a region 1 player I thought and SWAT is a region one disc I bought at Wal Mart because my wife wanted to see it. Anyone have any ideas as to what in the blue hell is going on with this player or should I go straight to the ol RMA??

Thanx in advance

Jeff

PS How do I find the firmware version on this player?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Because you have the V880 set to ALL REGION via secret menu, it sometimes cannot get pass the RCE (Region Code Enhancement) DVDs. When you are playing this type of DVDs, all you have to do is to set the region code back to 1, then it will play fine.

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jpinks
Ok how do I find this secret menu? I bought it from Extremephono in California so I assumed I didnt need the secret menu stuff.
The same thing happened to me when I went to play SWAT. My 880 also came from Extremephono set at Region 0 which means theoretically it will play all regions. Hollywood now sometimes uses RCE to piss off people with region free DVD players. This means you need to reset the 880 to Region 1 when you encounter these RCE discs. You do it by starting the player with NO disc in the drawer and then press the arrow keys on the remote in this order: "down--up--down--up--right--left" A new menu will appear and set it to Region 1. You can just leave the Macrovision off. Now go watch SWAT.......thee end

Hammer

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx Omikron and Hammer :) While I have ya both looking is this like a newer or older pc on the firmware updates. SHould I just do the newest one for my serial number or will it be like old pc's and I need to do them all to get everything working right? Off to watch SWAT I hope this movie is better than most of my wifes movie picks :D

Jeff

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hmm....... I thought the new firmware was supposed to add Brightness/Contrast controls? Oh well I already have it calibrated so no need I guess.

Release Notes

=============

1. Updated 01-26-04.

2. Fixed DVD title compatible issue.

3. Fixed AVI playback aspect ratio.

4. Improved video playback quality and detail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.