Not open for further replies.
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts

Quote:
The "believers" already have their SDI players

and the deeper pockets.

No offense please. I believe that Gary offers a great service. Also I know his rep from lurking around the crt forum.

Most anyone at this club would be willing to come up with the extra for an sdi modded player, in order to improve pq. I know that I would. Problem is, we can't all afford the premium for the scaler.

Its too bad there's not a more affordable solution.

Tony...

·
Registered
344 Posts

Quote:
what would be affordable or could you spare to throw at the scaler option ?

Never thought about it. Some of the guys are getting the Key Digital scaler for about $500. in order to do cih as economicaly as possible. I believe they have to give up 1080p on the output. Don't know if that scaler would work for you or if its even still available.

Presently, I don't have a player yet for the new pj. The old one won't hack it, so thats why I've been looking at options.

My research has found that for a solid region free s dvd player, the Oppo 981 is hard to beat. There is that macroblocking issue for some.

I think that the next best choice for a solid region free s dvd is the Marantz and Dennon. We are talking pq. The other choice and the one that I may go for, is the Tosh XA-2. Reports of the s dvd playback has been very good, plus you get HD.

I still have a couple weeks (I think) before I get a call from Jason, telling me the pj is in. So, I'll keep lookin'.

I'm not discounting the idea of a scaler somewhere down the road. I would love to be able to do a true cih, instead of the "stretch" as I plan to. Just has to wait a while.

Cheers!

Tony

Quote:
I have big things prepared for HD-SDI, so stay tuned

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell /forum/post/0

I agree, one reason I think we didn't hit the 30 mark was that I have already supplied everyone here with a SDI player

I have big things prepared for HD-SDI, so stay tuned

-Gary

Sounds exciting!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Gary,

is the upgrade of an existing 981 still available?

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.