AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the USA have a Toshiba 3107 which is supposed to be a mulit-regional player. (However, I don't exactly know how far it will take me given a region 2 DVD and I've never tried to play one.) Does anyone know if this player will play a DVD-R recorded in the UK. I am about to receive a DVD transferred from home movies and I wonder if my machine will be able to play the disc. I tend to think that a DVD-R could not be encoded with region 2 copywrite protection if only copied on a DVD recorder. What am I missing in this topic of regional compatability?

·
Registered
117 Posts
most of the DVD home recording are region free since they are personal recording so they can be play in any DVD player as long as its able to read recorded DVDs.

The question you should ask is if it will work in your TV system

USA is NTSC while UK and most of Europe ( except France which uses Secam) uses PAL.

Some DVDs and not all make you select which output you want but usually are the models for sale in Europe or Asia.

There is a good chance that you wont have this problem but thought you should know about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.