AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the chances DirtecTV will ever off regional Fox Sports Networks in HD? I live in NJ, but an area not serviced by cable in HD. I am getting more than a little jealous that all the people in the surrounding areas are watching the Isles/Devils/Rangers in HD.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Right now all Satellite HDTV has been CONUS (Continental US). I'm guessing when the time comes for RSNs in HD, it will have to be when they have enough spot beams for them. Likely the time they start to offer locals in HD or just before then.

·
Registered
371 Posts
D* has a HD special event channel that is rarely used. You would think that they could pickup some additional RSN HD feeds as a game of the day / week as part of the Pro sports packages, like NHL CI. (Much like they did with NFLST) At least that might bring in additional revenue for D*. Although I think that such a push might have to come from the league.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
Right now all Satellite HDTV has been CONUS (Continental US). I'm guessing when the time comes for RSNs in HD, it will have to be when they have enough spot beams for them. Likely the time they start to offer locals in HD or just before then.
They will probably include these channels in the out of market sports packages as soon as they go live, so I doubt they will be on spotbeams. At least I hope they will.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by beaudot
They will probably include these channels in the out of market sports packages as soon as they go live, so I doubt they will be on spotbeams. At least I hope they will.
I suppose they eventually will, but by using spotbeams they could provide local HD sports coverage with much lower bandwidth. Since they are owned by Newscorp, I would think they could get the rights to do so without any problems. But I'm not sure if they have the ability/bandwidth available to spotbeam HD channels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.