AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read another thread in which someone made a comment about wishing he'd gotten a widescreen TV instead of a 4:3. It made me wonder about a new twist on the old aspect-ratio debates we've all seen here: how many people have decided on a digital TV, when both aspect ratios were pheasible optins, and came to regret the ratio they chose or would now choose differently?

(I have a prediction about how the results will come out, but I'll keep it to myself until we've got some results...)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I'm going to have to throw off the results by 1 here, because I haven't gotten an HDTV yet at all, but I have to vote in order to see the results. So I'll go the most neutral route and say I'm happy with the ratio I got...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Quote:
but I have to vote in order to see the results
No you don't, just click the 'View Results' link next to the vote button underneeth the poll :)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
You do have a vote from a guy that owns a HDTV, me. You gave a choice mostly for 4:3

I chose I am happy and I would buy it over again only I own a RCA F-38310, only you didn't have I own a HDTV and I am happy with my purchase try another poll, only please think about happy with wide screen purchase not just foolsreen 4:3

Wanna know why I call 4:3 foolscreen read my link to the FCC in my signature, let them tell you *what* size is 'digital' and what is the future.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
No you don't, just click the 'View Results' link next to the vote button underneeth the poll :)
Too late, I already entered my vote. If I could now UN-vote and do what you suggest, I would...:D

(Moderators, feel free to consider that a request, if such a thing is actually within your mighty powers.)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
You gave a choice mostly for 4:3... I chose I am happy and I would buy it over again only I own a RCA F-38310... please think about happy with wide screen purchase not just foolsreen 4:3
No, that third option is for people who are happy with WHICHEVER they chose. That's why I didn't specify a ratio in the option. (And I KNEW where you'd put YOUR vote. :D)

·
Registered
568 Posts
The poll is a little mis-worded, but I voted correctly as I have 16:9 and am satisified that this was the right choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.