AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to regret the decision to build my new HTPC from scratch.

CPU: A8-3850

MB: ASUS F1A75-V Pro

Tower: Cooler Master Elite 330 w/ 420w PS

RAM: DDR3 1600 Mhz

Tuner: HVR 2250

My latest obstacle; I can now record video but not play it via Media Center (windows media player will play it). I can see the preview, but when I try to play it in Windows Media Center I get this message;

"Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly. Restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer".

I've installed the latest video drivers from the ASUS site, and I've been unable to figure it out with google yet. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Install the video drivers from the Ati/Nvidia/Intel websites, not from Asus. Those are mostly outdated

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had the same issue some months ago. I was able to play the content if I set the audio to 2 channel analog. After updating the video driver (which also updates the HDMI audio driver) to the latest the problem was fixed. I would agree with GreenEyez that you try and get the manufacturers latest update for your video chip ( mine was actually Intel's onboard graphics).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had this same problem acouple of weeks ago. I tried new drivers and reinstalling media center aswell as the switch the audio to 2 channel.

In the end what fixed it for me was i turned off sounds in media center.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Yes, disable navigation sound effects in w7mc. Stupid bug Microsoft will never fix.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez /forum/post/20828767

Install the video drivers from the Ati/Nvidia/Intel websites, not from Asus. Those are mostly outdated

You were correct sir. I couldn't ID my graphics setup on the ATI site, but the autodetect program covered me.

I realize I look like Dilbert in the classic "stapler-misfire" cartoon, but as I lay stapled helplessly to my desk, please feel my invisible beam of gratitude enveloping you (actually ALL of you), where ever you are.

I've got a feeling this may not be my last q - thank you again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.