AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pioneer 1016 receiver and when i play a regular dvd with DTS sound my center channel sounds like crap. The dialog from the charcters sounds very hollow and bassy to the point that you cant really understand what they are saying sometimes. The guys in the receiver forum are saying its the 360 and they are known to have problems with DTS sound.

Anyone else have this problem before? regular 5.1 dd on the same disc sound great, its just the DTS.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does. Anyone else?

The HD player will not do DTS yet, but the 360 will. And it is working, it even shows DTS on my receiver so i know its dts.

But it sounds like crap as far as the dialog from the charcters go. Everything else sounds great. Jus the dialog is horrible.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So know body else has ever had any problems playing dvd's with DTS on their 360?

The guys over on the receiver forum seemed to think it was common knowledge that the 360 had problems with DTS.

Anyone Anyone?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I know the 360 does not output 5.1 DTS over 2 channel analog (it does not do the required downconversion processing like it does for DD)

There should be a dashboard upgrade soon.

·
Registered
809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F355FTS /forum/post/0

Yes it does. Anyone else?

The HD player will not do DTS yet, but the 360 will. And it is working, it even shows DTS on my receiver so i know its dts.

But it sounds like crap as far as the dialog from the charcters go. Everything else sounds great. Jus the dialog is horrible.

I thought the HD player is just a drive -- the 360 is doing all the work. And from my understanding we are still waiting for a DTS encoding fix? I'd like to know too-- why the receiver is saying DTS when the source can't encode---

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F355FTS /forum/post/0

So know body else has ever had any problems playing dvd's with DTS on their 360?

Not me. I've played Blade II, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (extended edition), Predator, and Hitchhiker's Guide all using their DTS soundtracks, and the center channel always sounded fine (just as it has through my HTPC). My receiver is a Harmon-Kardon AVR-420.

Quote:
The guys over on the receiver forum seemed to think it was common knowledge that the 360 had problems with DTS.

I've never heard this before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've actually had problems with DTS on my 360, but my problems were worse than just a faint/crappy sound from one channel. Two DTS DVDs off the top of my head (Gladiator and Peter Gabriel's Live Growing Up DVD) caused crackling sound in all channels and stuttering video. It seriously is REALLY bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.