AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got this new beast (Pioneer 5010) and i can't seem to find the remote code for programming my regular Dishnetwork remote (black with blue buttons). Looked on DIsh site nothing, all the codes they have don't work. Can anyone help me ? I know this place is more about Harmony remotes and other hi-end remotes, just taking a chance somone has info.

Thanks, sorry if this is not the right place to ask this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So to clarify, you need your dish remote to work your tv or your tv remote to work your Dish? Either way, did you try codes from components that are similar to yours or even all available generic codes?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My previous TV ( Panasonic plasma 7uy ) worked fine with the remote that comes with Dishnetworks receiver. I just change my display to a Pioneer 5010 and i cant make it work with the remote from DN. I tried all the codes from DN's site, looked online , nothing. The code search fonction from the remote gives nothing either , no codes are found. So i was wondering if anyone got a Dishnetwork remote control to work with a Pioneer 5010 and what was the code used. I'd like to have the Dish remote to control the tv not the Pioneer one. Man i hope i'm making sense... lol

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholerabob /forum/post/12957989

... I just change my display to a Pioneer 5010 and i cant make it work with the remote from DN. I tried all the codes from DN's site, looked online , nothing. ... I'd like to have the Dish remote to control the tv not the Pioneer one. Man i hope i'm making sense... lol

I suspect that you'd get better help in one of the Dish Forums. That said, the answer may vary depending on which remote you are using.

I also have a Kuro Pioneer - PRO-150FD - and I have a DN 5.3 RF.IR remote which is married to a Dish 622 Receiver. (I don't use the DN Remote as I have a Logitech 890 PRO Universal Remote.)

I went into the Manual and it lists some eleven Pioneer Codes. Code 637 is the only one that will allow me to turn On and Off the TV with the DN Remote, however it will not allow me to change inputs. This strongly suggests to me that there may be a better Device Code out there. Using Device Codes Scan will cover all possibilities and if you have tried this I am not sure what else to do. Obviously call Dish for help and if you go to a Dish Forum I would include the specific remote by model number when you post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts