AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know neither one of these tvs are exactly steller, but the problem i have is that my parents are looking for a new tv and it needs to fit in a Cabinet that is 36" wide. So these were the only somewhat decent 37" that would fit. So which one of these two would you guys recommened? I know the Sharps have banding issues and the Toshiba's color accuracy is sub par..

Also, the only requirement is that it has to be under 36" in width, so if you can think of any alternatives to these two, I would be glad to hear it

Help would be appreciated

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have both: Tosh 535 and the Sharp 46D64U. I like both of them, but I watch the Sharp and my wife watches the Toshiba...it's a him and her thing. Anyway, I like vivid colors without blinding everyone and I just can't seem to set the 535's colors the way I have the 64U set up. The 64U is stunning in color, contrast and brightness, with not one flaw (I was lucky not to have the banding issues). The 535 is a great buy for the money and a lot of the features are really great.

I watch TV/DVD's and don't do the game or PC hookup thing, so I want to get TV viewing as best as I can with my cable connection, and for me that means the Sharp. For my wife, she sees nothing wrong at all with the 535 color or anything else, so apparently it's in the eye of the beholder.

If you can get a great deal on the Toshiba you can probably get all the tweaking close enough to please everyone, but I would take your folks to see both of them and let them choose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts