AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I am using a Pronto remote for Home Theater Control. It works well but not always. Currently I have used all of my componet connections for my TV and was looking at some receivers and was wondering if there were any AV receivers available that would allow me to connect my HTPC, PS2, Wii, DVD Player, and HD Cable box to the receiver, with 1 connection to my tv, and control everything on screen with the AV receiver. Does anything like this exist? I was thinking something that had a remote that would allow me to push a "home" button that would bring up a menu on the screen.

Mike

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
There are a number of receivers with GUIs. My RX-V2700 allows you to select a source from the GUI, but it's simpler to just hit the button on the remote. I do have all my AV sources connected to the receiver and run a single HDMI cable.

Which receivers you should consider depend on your current and projected needs. HDMI and component connections are usually the most limited with 2 being common and 3 being less common. So those are the one's to concentrate on. My Yamaha RX-V2700 has some flexibility as to which rear panel inputs are routed to what source you have selected. That's a good thing to look for. Note that cable boxes don't always play nicely with receivers when connected via HDMI even when they work with your display.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.