2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hardware:

Gigabyte H57M (USB3) mATX mobo

i3 540

32GB SSD

4 GB RAM

Win7 Home Premium X64

Onkyo TX-NR5007 Network receiver, fully HD-audio compatible.

I got this HTPC pre-assembled from NCIX, from where I bought all the components. Bitstreaming was working fine from HTPC to receiver, and the Sound Playback Devices' Properties showed that TrueHD and DTS-HD were possibilities.

Now, since I reinstalled Win7, and all the latest Gigabyte drivers for my mobo, only DTS, AC3 and DD+ (EAC3) are showing up. True to that, there's no bitstreaming of HD format audio using ffdshow and MPC-HC or J. River Media Center 15, another Directshow media player.

Is there anything I'm missing? I thought I knew what I was doing with all these filters/codecs now. I have a fairly recent build of ffdshow, and I suspect that's not my problem; it seems like my Win7 install, while seeing the AVR, doesn't recognise it as one that is True-HD/DTS-HD MA capable. It was all working so well, until a virus/malware pretending to be Macromedia Flash screwed it up for me.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just installed the "latest" Intel gfx drivers (from Intel's site) and now I can see all the listed formats. I didn't do this before, because when trying to, I was told that the current versions on the HTPC were newer than the ones I was trying to install. Strange.

Also, the rear surround left and rear surround right channels are switched in my 7.1 configuration. I'm about to restart and test the system now.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit /forum/post/19526038

Hardware:

Gigabyte H57M (USB3) mATX mobo

i3 540

32GB SSD

4 GB RAM

Win7 Home Premium X64

Onkyo TX-NR5007 Network receiver, fully HD-audio compatible.

I got this HTPC pre-assembled from NCIX, from where I bought all the components. Bitstreaming was working fine from HTPC to receiver, and the Sound Playback Devices' Properties showed that TrueHD and DTS-HD were possibilities.

Now, since I reinstalled Win7, and all the latest Gigabyte drivers for my mobo, only DTS, AC3 and DD+ (EAC3) are showing up. True to that, there's no bitstreaming of HD format audio using ffdshow and MPC-HC or J. River Media Center 15, another Directshow media player.

Is there anything I'm missing? I thought I knew what I was doing with all these filters/codecs now. I have a fairly recent build of ffdshow, and I suspect that's not my problem; it seems like my Win7 install, while seeing the AVR, doesn't recognise it as one that is True-HD/DTS-HD MA capable. It was all working so well, until a virus/malware pretending to be Macromedia Flash screwed it up for me.

I believe I would call NCIX. They should know what you need to do.

BT

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjterry62 /forum/post/19526282

I believe I would call NCIX. They should know what you need to do.

BT

I thought of that as a last resort. Thankfully, all seems well now... except rear surround channels appear to be swapped in the Windows Speaker configuration test. Not a huge deal, since I can unswap them in ffdshow audio decoder if necessary.

[EDIT] All is well... in movie playback, the channels appear as they should. It's just weird that I had to override the "latest" drivers; either the drivers were not the most recent, and falsely reported as such, or Intel broke something in the newest ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.