AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to my recent crash I am still trying to reinstall some of my hardware. I uninstall MyHD and reboot, but it never pops up to install new hardware when I restart. I can use the MyHD CD, but it still does not completely install. I have even tried to install the driver and application separate with no luck. I have even completely removed the card and put it another slot with no luck.

The M-Audio DiO does not even show up anywhere. I tried to install this via the CD, but there is no spot for a XP install. I even checked the M-Audio site with no luck.

There are numerous ? marks in the Device Manager section, but I have not idea what they are for.

I have been fighting this for just about a month now with very little progress. I bought another video card to get that part to work. I had to completely reinstall Windows XP. I downloaded Directx 9.0 and Windows SP-1.

HELPPP????????

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the M-Audio DiO installed and working.

Still no luck with the MyHD. I have tried over and over. I have tried the CD that came with the card. I have tried even today a download of the new driver and application with no luck.

The application has a part that installs, but the driver part is just writing. I install the application and when I start up MyHD and error stating that (DTV has an error and will shut down).

I have tried over and over again. Even when I move the card to another slot and start up the computer it does not do the "new hardware found" part.

After installing the application I look in the Device Manager and the MyHD is not shown anywhere.

I am beginning to think my card has gone bad.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No my other computer is full. I guess I need to contact Digital Connection. It is justabout 10 months old, so do not know if it still under warranty.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
rg--

You mentioned having "?" in your Device Manager. One or more of those is likely the driverless MyHD device, which is why Windows isn't telling you about "new hardware". Try using "remove" for all such DM entries and then reboot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.