AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been pondering this decision for about 6 to 8 months and I am ready to buy. I have done a fair amount of research, but half of what I read, I don't understand because I am far from an expert.

After all of my research, I was going to go with an SVS SB-12 Plus. But, then someone recommended that I take a look at the REL T3. It appears that I can get the T3 for a little less than the SB-12, so that helps the budget.

My dilemma....my speakers are in wall/celing 6.1 surround sound system, I think they are Klipsch.....so I am not sure what type of sub to pair with in-ceiling speakers. I dont want to over buy or over power the speakers.

I would like to know your thoughts on the REL vs. SVS. And if anyone has any other recommendations that would work well with my set-up.

My subwoofer needs are as follows:
Budget: $400 - $600

Size: Looking for a smaller sub that performs, cant have a HUGE box in family room.

Room dimensions: 18x20, the roof is sloped, at its lowest point it is 8 ft and at the highest point it is 10 ft. there is a 6 ft cut out that goes to the dining area and a 4 ft cut out that goes to the kitchen, so it is not a completely walled off room

Uses: 50% HT and 50% music

Listening Habits: Average, sometimes loud

Appearance: Not a big priority

Thanks for the help.....

· Registered
820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Gilbert /forum/post/15490866

I believe the T3, while sounding good, will be quite underwhelming in that size room.

Agreed. As nice as they are, that is a big room for a sub with an 8" driver and a 8" passive. The challenge, as usual, will be finding a performing sub for a larger room, that is physically small and has a modest price point. That's something that we all seek but doesn't exist.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so I guess it is back to the drawing board......so the SVS SB-12 and REL T3 will be underwhelming.

Is the Martin Logan Dynamo the only recommendation for my situation? I think I will try to go listen to it this weekend at Magnolia. Are there any others?

Any subs like the SVS PB 12 or AV123 MFW-15 are just too big......

Thanks again for the help....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.