AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed MIT a bit over a month ago and they basically told me it was ready to go whenever Digital Connection was ready. Some time ago, we were told April on this forum.

I am looking forward to my first dedicated WM9 encoding box, with an Opteron (or two) running on a motherboard with the just-released nForce3 Pro chipset (press release here ).

So when can I get a MIT MDP-120 to go with my fantasy encoding machine? :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I called Digital Connection last week, on my own dime even, and was told that the card should be for sale by MAY 15th...

For some reason they are really quite here on the forum. I guess they want to sell all the 100 cards first. In my case I need the DVI for the HS10 so a 100 card is just a waste of money....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cliff,

I know this card has not been released yet, let alone tested and evaluated by you, but can you give us some insight into any details on the MDP-120 or direct us to any online info that might be available.

Aside from the optional DVI-enabling daughter card we can only assume it has at least the same feature set as with the MDP-100.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
The only info I have received is pics of the MDP-120 and DVI cards and the fact that the MDP-120 is smaller than the MDP-100 and has a newer DEMOD chip. For now that is all I know.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Quote:
For some reason they are really quite here on the forum. I guess they want to sell all the 100 cards first.
Just plain ran out of stuff to say, sorry. ;)

Okay, before any rumors are started, we're not holding anything back from our customers to clear out existing cards. I'm not sure who bfdtv spoke with but we have not been provided access to even a test card, and final production of the MDP-120 is not going to be completed until May. We recognize that the MDP-100 is going to be attractive to customer looking for a bargain while others will wait for the new card which will come in at a higher price.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kei,

Thanks for that clarification. I'm not sure why they implied you were the hold up (offer it when you are ready). If they haven't even got you an evaluation or test board, then clearly its not yet ready for prime time.

When you eventually do get your evaluation board, I'm sure we'll all look forward to screenshots, a review, etc. :)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I just want this new card to lock on to marginal signals better than MDP 100 does.

·
Registered
861 Posts
dual monitors or is one a DVI in?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Mathis
dual monitors or is one a DVI in?
My guess (hope) is it's for DVI pass-thru like RGB pass-thru on the MDP card.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm curious as to how the DVI pass-through will work.

Can they really do windowed overlay with a DVI (uncompressed digital) signal? Or will DVI only be supported for full screen HDTV output?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Daughter card appears to have an optical audio output.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm guessing that the pass-thru would allow another component with DVI out to connect to MyHD and send its signal to the monitor. This is in case a monitor has only one DVI input. Cool feature if that's what it's for.

Anyway, can someone educate me on how the DVI card relate to the new 120? Does the new 120 card connect to the DVI card to enable DVI output? I'm clueless. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Does the new 120 card connect to the DVI card to enable DVI output? I'm clueless. Thanks."

Yes

"Daughter card appears to have an optical audio output."

Don't think so. Notice that the connector has a slit unlike the optical connector. Have no idea what it is used for.

"Cliff, are there any OTHER new HDTV cards coming out besides mdp-120?"

I only know of the MDP-120 and the FusionHDTV II cards to soon be released.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson

"Daughter card appears to have an optical audio output."

Don't think so. Notice that the connector has a slit unlike the optical connector. Have no idea what it is used for.
Cliff,

The connector reminds me of the optical out on my Motorola 5100 box which has hinged "doors" that open inward when the cable is inserted. I guess the "doors" serve to replace those plugs that seal the connector and tend to get lost.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.