AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend which SDHC cards are more reliable? I had really bad luck with transcend cards multiple card failures with their compact flash memory cards.

Mild bad luck with adata and patriot in SDHC format.

Is it best to just stick to the high dollar sandisk and lexar?

·
Registered
93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by siritchy /forum/post/15528322

Can anyone recommend which SDHC cards are more reliable? I had really bad luck with transcend cards multiple card failures with their compact flash memory cards.

Mild bad luck with adata and patriot in SDHC format.

Is it best to just stick to the high dollar sandisk and lexar?

Personally, I am a Kingston person for both SD and CF cards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sandisk all the way. If you don't mind rebates, keep a look out on Sandisk Extreme III cards. There are numerous Sandisk rebates throughout the year for Extreme cards. The rebate are formatted so that if you buy 3 cards, you will get the most money back. For instance, on black friday, I got 3 8GB Extreme III cards(from beach camera) for $75 shipped with a $70 rebate from Sandisk. So after rebate, the 3 8GB card would cost me $5!

I would recommend Kingston but I got a defective card once. Sandisk have been the most reliable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I will have to try kingston. I have used their RAM before with good success.

I ended up buying sandisk compact flash for my nikon and it has worked very well. I assume the sdhc version of these cards work well too.

I guess a better question is if anyone knows of a program that will stress test a flash memory card before using it at a birthday, wedding, play, or other important event.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts