AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running two SVS cylinder subs in my HT set up, a 2009 model PC12+ and a 2007 model PC Ultra. They're situated about 1/3 of the way along the wall on either side of my TV, in between the center channel and each front speaker, like I have pictured below. I'm going to try moving one into the front right corner, and the other behind my couch to the left, just behind my surround back speaker. Anyone have any advice on how to make this sound the best? Which sub to put where and what I could expect to hear? The subs are going to go from being about the same distance from me, about 10ft, to one being about 12ft and the other about 6.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
sub crawl if possible to get the best sounding sound.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you haven't already, download REW and get a USB mic to measure your room responses to check best placements and tuning.
Even better, add a miniDSP so you can make adjustments to improve the response further.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sub crawl would be great if I had any real actual options. I'm one of those living room HT guys so I'm limited to where they'll go. Does it matter much which sub I put closer to me?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I moved my subs this morning and put them in they're new locations and wow. It's really amazing how much difference simply moving your subs can make. I knew how important placement was but this move made it really hit home.

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
If you moved them as you planned (one in front, one in back), this typically gives the smoothest response and best coverage (less seat-to-seat variance).

However, without the ability to measure your response (as was mentioned above), you're just shooting darts in the dark....sure you might hit a bullseye, but most likely your completely off the board. ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So your saying because I have not run the REW my subs probably are still not reaching they're full potential?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
So your saying because I have not run the REW my subs probably are still not reaching they're full potential?

possibly, but if it sounds best now to your ears that is all that matters really. Just Enjoy!

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
That is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that without the ability to measure your response, you'll never know for sure which sub placement is the best.

Where you have them placed now very well may be, but you can't know without measuring. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts