AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My digital OTA channels show up in the guide as #-# (like 2-1, 9-3, etc) but I was wondering if I could remap them to just a # (like 2, 9, etc). I am not getting any locals via the satellite so those channels currently aren't showing up in the guide so basically they are available -- if the TS160 will let me remap them. Anyone already investigated this?

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
I doubt it. There is a big difference (using one of my locals as an example) between channel 10 and OTA 10-3. Channel 10 is an analog channel, but 10-3 is the HDTV. I 'think' 10-2 might ne SDTV in DTV form.

If there is a way I would like to know it. Are you using the Sammy remote, or a unified remote?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using a Sony VL900 remote.

In my case, I have my TS160 setup to only recieve digital OTA channels so I don't have a channel 2 in my guide at all. I would like to remap 2-1 to be 2 -- or at the very least if I enter "2+enter" it should default to 2-1 (instead of trying to tune to a non-existant channel). The reason for this is I have a ReplayTV unit and I would like to be able to record digital OTA channels (but it doesn't support #-# channels).

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Does this Sony remote support macros? If it does, then simply build a macro so that A represents A-a for channel entry.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My remote does support macros, but only so many and I don't have enough free ones. Besides what I really want is for the ReplayTV timers to work with the digital OTA channels.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone?

I thought of another way to make things work like I want, but it still requires a change to how the TS160 works. If would be great if TS160 would go to the next valid station up whenever you enter a channel that isn't supported. Anyone know if there is a way to make the Sammy do that? That way as long as channel 2 was tossed out of the guide and the Replay sent "2+Enter" to the Samsung it would actually tune to 2-1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.