AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning out a basement closet and ran across a box that contained a Videon Omega One Line Doubler/Switcher. I had forgotten I had it. The question now is what to do with it. While it was the hot ticket back in 2001 (Stacey Spears liked it a lot), today a processor that outputs 480p might be thought of as "quaint". I suppose it could be used still as a switcher, though you'd be switching component, composit, and S...no HDMI back then. The build quality is pretty nice, but it's not heavy enough to use as a boat anchor. Do you suppose there will one day be collectors of old video processors...much the way audiophiles collect old amps and tuners? I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The Videon Omega One is a nice deinterlacer for vintage videogame systems as it supports a 240p progressive resolution via component video. Find a vintage gamer in need and give it into good hands. With those signals it outperforms many if not most of nowadays high-end scalers.

·
Registered
762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoh /forum/post/16944272

Find a vintage gamer in need and give it into good hands. With those signals it outperforms many if not most of nowadays high-end scalers.

I can't find an emoticon to express a person waving enthusiastically as if to garner someone's attention. "me, me, me!!".

Pete if you're looking to part with it shoot me a PM. Depending on where you live and what you want for it maybe we can work something out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts