AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remember all the software I can use with my 5xxxx.

>There's DVArchive of course

>and there's Womble

>and there's rtvconvert

>there's VideoLan

>there's the patched DVArchive version and Plugin that lets us move the status bar when streaming to Videolan

Note: is there any other contending players like Videolan?

>There's the program to patch the image on the hardrive..

Note: I had problems making a COPY of my hardrive. I made an image but it didn't work when I imaged it back to another drive. (I really want to have an image that has the serial number of my replay on it in case the server goes down) Anyone know what I did wrong or how to do it right?

>There's ReplayGuide, which I believe lets you schedule shows over the internet like myreplay.com, but your computer has to be kept on all the time for it to work(server). I think the program also lists out the shows you have scheduled to record so conflicts are easier to spot.

Note: correct me where I'm wrong on any of this.

>I'm not sure what wirns does

>there's a DVArchive competitor out there somewhere

>Think there's some other replayguide thingy out there somewhere.

Anyone want to fill in the gaps for me, the thirsty newbies, and thirsty lurkers without accounts?

Any programs I leave out with a short description in laymans terms would be nice.

Any other programs that you use but aren't commonly talked about would be nice to hear.

and where the hell is xtreme? Somehow it's been dead since about the same time he left...mysterious coincidence. He always worried me, but now I miss him.

cow

·
Registered
233 Posts
i find replaySchedule very useful. in conjunction with XMLTV, it tells what will be recorded, including showing conflicts and their resolution, and even alerting you to shows that you might be missing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.