AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this may be a dumb question, but I need to know if there is any web browser that can be controlled with an ir remote control using direction keys. I really want to use HBOGO.com on my HTPC. I can launch many different ways from WMC, but have to grab the mouse to control. Any ideas? Or am I stuck waiting for a pro to develop an app?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Get a remote with built-in mouse function. I use one and it works fine. If you need keyboard function, I just keep an icon for the windows on-board keyboard handy. Little cumbersome but gets the job done.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Mine wouldn't be your best choice. I use BeyondTV with a Firefly remote which is really good, but designed for more specific use, although it works perfectly with Hulu desktoop also. Also, I'm using XP. There are a lot of MCE remotes available and some have options for mouse control. I'd make sure I read the reviews on them, though since I have heard complaints on some of the ones with extra features not working as they should with some basics. I picked up an MCE remote which is supposed to work with 7 and I tried it with XP and it works fine and the mouse is easy to use, but I don't know how it will work with WMC7. I got it at Meritline.com, but will warn you that they literally ship some items on a slow boat from China, but I only paid $8 for it and was honestly surprised it worked as well as it did.

Just go to NewEgg or do a google search and I'm sure you'll find one that suits your needs. Make sure it's and MCE remote and certified for Win7. It should put your system to sleep and also wake it up which a lot of other remotes don't do.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I use the ZvRemote which has a built in touchpad. It's a little pricey but it's well worth the investment. (you also need to purchase the ZvReceiver to get it to work with your pc)

You can then use it with Kylo or Zinc to get a 10' interface.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mouse functionality doesn't work for me, if I have to put down my universal remote, and pick up a different one, I may as well just grab my wireless keyboard/trackball. I'm really hoping to find some way to seamless integration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts