AVS Forum banner

Remote Control Extender help needed.

382 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  shodoug
I have two SAT reciever boxes sitting in an equipment closet that I want to control from 4 different locations in the house. I am trying to find the easiest and cheapest way to do this.

I am looking at the Terk "Leapfrog" It comes with one Transmitter and one slave for 40 bucks. This should do the trick however Terk does not sell extra slaves for the kit. In other words I would have to by multiple kits in order to have control for four rooms. Niles has some fancy IR repeaters that would also work, but they require prewire and a lot more money. Is the another wireless alternative that I have missed?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
What type of remotes are you currently using (or plan on using) at each of the locations? One possible solution is the Radio Shack 15-2117 RF remote. It is only $50 and one remote will easily control both Sat receivers (as well as any other equipment you have). You could get just one and move it from room to room or get additional remotes for the other rooms and not use extra RF bases. Good luck.

Jay
I have this compulsion to eliminate the obvious possibilities.

My Sony SAT receiver has a setting to allow it to use RF signals. I am guessing yours does not have this, but just wanted to mention it, in case the solution was really easy.

Good luck in any case.

Best regards,

Doug
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.