Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know if a device such as the Philips Pronto TSU3000 supports controlling of PC application via RF or IR? Primarily, I would like to use it with Zoom Player, but would also like to control my other equipment like A/V Receiver, Samsung HLNXXX, VCR etc.

Another question is: Are there any other cheaper alternatives?

Thanks

CJ

·
Registered
647 Posts
You can use Girder www.girder.nl and the USB UIRT for IR in/out. I don't recall the url for the USB UIRT, but you can do a search for it here or goto girder's website and there is info there for it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
For a handheld remote you can use the USB UIRT (~$50?) or Slink-e ($250)and Girder (free) combo.

For a tablet PC touchscreen (what I use), you can use a MainLobby (~$60), Slink-e (and soon USB UIRT), and WLAN setup.

For PocketPC, you can use netremote (free), Girder, USB UIRT or Slink-e and a WLAN setup.

Oops, I just reread your question so I guess I better answer it...:eek:

Yes. The Pronto is an IR remote, the RF is between the Pronto and base station. Combine it with Girder to control your HTPC. If Girder is too hard for you to learn, buy a PC IR remote like the iMon remote (buy it here www.digitalconnection.com ), and teach it to the Pronto.

Good luck.

hjackson

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jojor
Hi,

I would like to know if a device such as the Philips Pronto TSU3000 supports controlling of PC application via RF or IR? Primarily, I would like to use it with Zoom Player, but would also like to control my other equipment like A/V Receiver, Samsung HLNXXX, VCR etc.

Another question is: Are there any other cheaper alternatives?

Thanks

CJ
I have been using a TSU2000 and a Marantz RC9200 with the Airboard IR receiver with great success.

With the TSU3000 I was not so lucky. When it first came out I tried the same thing for a couple of days - unsuccessfully, though, like some other people.... Eventually I gave up and returned the unit. Maybe a firmware update has fixed the issue in the meantime…

BTW: This topic comes up every other week or so. I suggest you also do a search for more info.

______

Axel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.