AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is anyone else surprised there is no DirecTV D10 codes in the remote? It has sattelite receivers from every company in the world except DirecTV which is (probably) the largest provider. The D10 is probably the most popular box.

It has a code built-in, supposedly, for the Replay, but it won't work with my 5000 series.

2. Here is the big question - How do you make it control your TV if your TV is used only as a monitor (no outputs from the TV going into receiver inputs).

Since my TV has no OUTPUTS and is only connected to the receiver to act as a monitor, how do I assign it a device on the HK remote? For example, Video 2 is labeled and assigned a device type TV. Though everything is configurable, it means by default, you should plug your TV into Video 2 and it expects what you plug in to be device type: TV. This is fine and dandy if I had a standard TV and needed to use it's internal tuner. Instead, I have the display acting only as a monitor.

I want to be able to control my TV (mostly turn on and off more than anything). But I cannot because if I were to "assign" it to Video 2 (TV), it would try to "switch" to Video 2 and right now my X-Box is there.

The only solution I can think of is to leave Video 2 connections in the rear empty, thus wasting an entire input just for the ability to turn the TV on and off.

I guess while it's in Video 3 (CABL, or DirecTV as I have it labeled/connected), I can reassign one of the keys to act as the TV power, but that would get annoying fast trying to remember something like Sleep = TV Power Button.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy
1. Is anyone else surprised there is no DirecTV D10 codes in the remote? It has sattelite receivers from every company in the world except DirecTV which is (probably) the largest provider. The D10 is probably the most popular box.

It has a code built-in, supposedly, for the Replay, but it won't work with my 5000 series.

2. Here is the big question - How do you make it control your TV if your TV is used only as a monitor (no outputs from the TV going into receiver inputs).

Since my TV has no OUTPUTS and is only connected to the receiver to act as a monitor, how do I assign it a device on the HK remote? For example, Video 2 is labeled and assigned a device type TV. Though everything is configurable, it means by default, you should plug your TV into Video 2 and it expects what you plug in to be device type: TV. This is fine and dandy if I had a standard TV and needed to use it's internal tuner. Instead, I have the display acting only as a monitor.

I want to be able to control my TV (mostly turn on and off more than anything). But I cannot because if I were to "assign" it to Video 2 (TV), it would try to "switch" to Video 2 and right now my X-Box is there.

The only solution I can think of is to leave Video 2 connections in the rear empty, thus wasting an entire input just for the ability to turn the TV on and off.

I guess while it's in Video 3 (CABL, or DirecTV as I have it labeled/connected), I can reassign one of the keys to act as the TV power, but that would get annoying fast trying to remember something like Sleep = TV Power Button.
A couple of suggestions..

1. Program a Macro that turns ON TV while turning on the AVR and including the Direct TV box. Customize this to cover the target devices.
2. Learn the TV power ON code to a less used button on a device page that is often used. (such as AVR and Video Select)
3. Assign TV device to a less used source like TAPE or CD.

The AVR635 remote control is very powerful but it takes a little time to fully understand all of its capabilities..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M Code - I like your suggestions and that's probably what I'll end up doing. However, in order to make the remote do anything related to the TV, I have to assign a device button to the TV. What I mean is, when I go to the Program/Setup menu, to do anything related to macros or remote programming, I have to choose a device. Since the TV has no outputs, it is not actually attached to any "device" on the remote. I guess Suggestion 3 would solve that.

So I would have to either do Step 2 OR 3 then Step 1, it seems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.