AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to help me. Here is my setup.

I have a media room with a Ben Q projector mounted to the ceiling and two 42" tv's on either side. In the back of the room is a closet where the sony receiver, three att uverse cable boxes and my ps3 will need to be operated from. From what I understand, I need an RF remote to control these and preferably one with blue tooth so that I can control the ps3. What is the easiest way to accomplish this while keeping in mind that I would like to change the channel on one of the cable boxes without the others changing. My budget for the remote would be under 500. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
The discontinued Harmony 890 or 900 can do this easily with the Harmony PS3 adapter. The new Harmony ultra and its many variables can do it also. The former can be found on EBay for the $100 range. New models are in the $300 range but also use blasters and may be difficult to isolate the three Uverse Boxes. On the 900 you may have to use more than one IR receiver (and you can do this). The 890 has 4 programmable ports so might work the best with small Led's that stick to the front of the IR port on the device your controlling ( These can also be modified to be used on the 900's IR Blaster but it only has 2 select able ports and a third being the blaster it self). Non of the IR receivers of each model are compatible with each other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts