Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No this is not a drink.....

I have a question for a friend... Is anyone aware of a remote control dimmer (similar to the Lutron Spacer) that can be on one side of a two switch lighting system. I forget the terminology for this. Basically a switch at the stairs, and another switch at the back door, of a basement, both controlling the same "bank" of lights. He needs (wants) to change out the switch by the basement door to a remote dimmer. Dimmers to do this are easy to find, remote control ones, apparently not.

Any help in the way of manufacture and make would be great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can use the Lutron Spacer System Remote control dimmer for a multi location setup, but the other needs to be a lutron accessory dimmer..

Thats according to my Lutron Residential Lighting Controls catalog..

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just purchased an X10 3 way dimmer (WS467) it comes with an X10 controlled dimmer and a slave switch. I also purchased a 5 in 1 remote that controls the audio/video using IR and the X10 using RF. You install the master near where you are sitting and the slave at the other end. It responds to all on/off, just that bank of lights on/off as well as dim and brighten. Check eBay, both pieces were well under $30 shipped.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a "bump"... I just wanted to say thanks to those that assisted. The info you provided was sent along to my co-worker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.