AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My replayTV never responded to the remote control. I tried another new set of batteries no joy -- the remote's LED illuminates when I push the button so it's getting juice.

My unit is a 5XXX. A have a buddy with a 4XXX. Will it control my replayTV?

Any other ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks!

Daniel

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by in2explore
My unit is a 5XXX. A have a buddy with a 4XXX. Will it control my replayTV?
That will work and at least let you know if it's the remote or the ReplayTV.

-Gary

·
Registered
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by in2explore

Any other ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks!

Daniel
I heard about a radio shack remote that wasn't working or appeared to have a weak IR led. When the guy opened up the remote, he found that the LED (both of them actually) was bent downward so as to be aimed at the opaque plastic of the remote's casing instead of the IR window on the end of the remote. He bent the LEDs forward and reassembled it and it worked great after that.

Now, if this is a 5k unit and you bought it at a brick and mortar store, your best bet might be to exchange the remote or the whole thing for another. Places like best buy and circuit city are pretty good about returns in the first 15 days. If you bought on the internet, you might be able to exchange, but it could be very time consuming and frustrating.

If you want to very quickly find out if it's just the remote that's not working, your friends 4k remote should work. You can also get a cheapie 4-in-1 american flag remote at radio shack and program it with the VCR 0616 device code for testing. Then, return the radio shack remote within 30 days and get your money back. ...or buy a nicer radio shack remote to keep.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
There are quite a few universals that will do the job. If you get a replacement remote and you decide that the 5xxx remote is totally dead, can I have it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.