AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a dvd and stereo behind a cabinet through which my remote will not work. I've heard rumors about some kind of eye you can attach to the outside of the cabinet that will allow the remote to work. Does anyone know anything about this and/or have any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Xantech 480 IR receiver with 789-44 connecting block, 781RG power supply, and lastly 283M emitters. Xantech invented the IR repeating system. Their product is as good as it gets. There are many other companies like speakercraft, niles, and russound that make IR products. Is there sunlight/CFL or a plasma where the product will be located? They can lock-up a ir system.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The Hot Link is a great solution. I use it to control all of the components in my (closed) armoire, and it works every time. The 'eye' (which is quite small) sits on the top of the cabinet, and until I point it out to people they don't even know it's there

htomei

·
Registered
222 Posts
Will the hot link control a cable box, Motorala 5100? And where can you buy the Xantech systems. I have a plasma which can effect the signal.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The Hot Link just passes on whatever signals it gets--it works with all components.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Check out offerings from hometech.com and smarthome.com. We have two plasmas with ir receivers nearby. The plasmas don't put out enough ir interference to cause problems with components, but do cause problems with "universal" ir receivers (not remotes) that plug into computers (like the evation irman). I'd recommend buying a cheap ir receiver that fits your form factor first (tabletop, inwall, etc.), and see if it works properly. The plasma-resistant ones (we have a speakercraft tabletop) do not have as great of a range, both angle-wise and distance.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I installed Hot-Link yesterday for 5 components and my monitor. Placed the green acknowledgment led under the plasma and the "receiver" eye next to my sub-woofer. Works great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.