AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a remote for the Bose Lifestyle 12 which is using rf not ir.

Any leads?

I heard about the AudioAuthority C-1024 but - according to the manual - only supports Lifestyle >20.

It would be great if the remote worked well with Tivo, too.

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In the meantime, I did some more research on the web. AudioAuthority used to make the "10-CM2" which worked with the Lifestyle 12 II. Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore. Any ideas where I could get it? (I contacted BlueDo and checked on Ebay without success).

Or - any other ideas how I could connect my Lifestyle 12 II to an universal remote system??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David is the person I emailed with at AudioAuthority. There is nothing left and he does not know where one could get a used one. Do you have any idea what I could do to get hold of one?

·
Registered
914 Posts
You might post your question in the Home Theater Master section at www.remotecentral.com 2 new remotes are coming out soon (mx-600 and mx800) that will have rf capability. The 600 is the 500 with rf added and the 800 is the 700 with rf added. Don't know if either will work with the LifeStyle 12 out of the box but they both have learning abilities.

Rick

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rick.

The problem is that the universal remotes that support RF only use RF between the remote and their basestations. In other words, the remote sends a the RF signal to its basestation and the basestation sends an IR signal to the device.

Any other ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.