AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a G70 and the sellor only had an RM-1271 remote. I beleive the RM-1271 works on the older sony 1272's but can it work on a G70?? I only ask because I cannot get the projector to power up using the RM-1271 remote. I even tried connecting it directly to the projector using the control s out port. I checked the setting in the menu of the G70, and the IR detectors are set to both Front and Back. Can anyone help me with this?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Certain functions work, but it doesn't have ALL the necessary setup functions, like EM focus, the 1292 remote does though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm not even getting a power up command to work. I've tried aiming it at both the front and back sensors, and have tried to download the commands online to my mx-800 remote, yet I cannot get the G70 to power up. Do you have any ideas as to what might be wrong??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Solved it!! The index buttons in the back of the projector were set to "00" and for some reason, witching them to "01" allows the remote to work. Weird. I don't think this is documented.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Actually that is mentioned in the manuals. All of them I think. But it's very easy to overlook. When I first got my G70 it was also set on 00 and it had me stumped for a while as well.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Just wait till you try to access input A with the 5bnc set to on:D

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Rombach
Just wait till you try to access input A with the 5bnc set to on:D
Now that's one that will REALLY drive you nuts! D and I have both suffered thru that problem. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.