AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just experienced somthing very wacky with my DCT-5100. For the last 2 days, the following has plagued my HD Comcast cable box. If I select the quide, I get a regular display of the channels, what's currently being broadcast on them and the correct time for a few seconds. Then it reverts to Sunday at 12:00 and everything shows "To Be Announced" and after selecting a channel, I can't get rid of the large info bar on the bottom of screen displaying the channel selected and the TV Guide logo. As Super Bowl's 48 hours away, I'm getting a bit nervous. I call Comcast and they reset the box, twice, only to have the problem return very shortly. In addition, on the display on the cable box, the little yellow light on the bottom left is blinking like mad. I also have a regular digital (non HD) the DCT 2000 (I think) to use with my Replay. I noticed this morning (after the 2nd comcast reset) that it's remote control has it's cable function light also blinking like crazy. I can't change it to other functions. I take the battery out of the remote and my DCT-5100 guide reverts to normal and the info bar disappears! I put the battery back in and Bang, the quide goes to TBA! I hide the remote in a drawer and the guide reverts to the correct display and no bar. What the H-E Double Hockey Sticks is going on?

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Bad remote, IR interference in the room or a bad cablebox.

Make comcast replace the remote. If problem persists, put black tape over the cablebox's IR sensor, to rule out interference in the room. If you still have a problem, get a new cablebox.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.