AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help please. I plan on installing an LED rope behind the TV. now once i get it, i dont want to have to turn it on by walking over to it (I wanna be lazy) i Would like to have it so when i turn on my TV with the remote the lights will also go on.

So is there an LED rope that includes an IR receiver so i can program my remote to turn it off and on? If no..

Is there a piece out there that can be a middle man between the strip and the wall outlet but have an IR built in to... Basically like the clapper except it have an IR receiver on it .

Thank you!

·
Registered
483 Posts
How about using one of those "green" power strips that sense when the device plugged into the "master" outlet draws current and switches one or more "secondary" outlets on and off? They were intended to turn PC peripherals such as printers and monitors off when the PC itself powers down, but there are other possible uses such as yours. I bought a Phillips unit at the local Wally-World for about $16

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Satori... I will look at that but i also got a pretty exact answer from another thead post saying : IR Remote Control Outlet.. that the name of the product i am looking for but if your option is cheaper i will take it.

Once again thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts