Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some advice.

I have 6 sconce lights and 6 High Hats in my room I also have a pronto, and pretty good at programming it. I need some suggestions for controlling my lights with pronto.

Thanks

Ozzie

·
Registered
764 Posts
X10.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I was about to post this very question! I just got "The Clapper", and I hate it. The clapping responsiveness is lousy...and I didn't take into account that sounds from a stereo would turn it on and off. :)

Can you elaborate on what the X10 is? I did a Google search and found 9,000 products called X10.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
X-10 is a device that replaces your wall switch or wall dimmer switch and it can be controlled remotely. Fairly cheap in price and does a good job. It can also be programed to work with the pronto. Downside is that you cant control the light as well as I would prefer, such as going from off to a preset level, it only seems to go from off to full bright. It will also dim, but after watching a flick in the dark I would like the lights to transition from off to a dimmed preset level. Any products like this that I can program onto my Pronto?

Thanks peebee for the reply.

Ozzie

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Lutron Spacer is a nice dimmer for Home Theater use and has a slow dimming speed, a fast dimming speed and an intermediate light level that can be set to any degree of brightness you desire and works great for bringing up the lights just a little after watching a movie and then you can go ahead and bring them up all the way when everyone is accustomed to the partially up level of brightness. The Lutron Dimmer comes with an I/R remote that can be programmed into your remote. I have mine programmed into a Sony Universal Remote and it works great.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Oswald Pascual
X-10 is a device that replaces your wall switch or wall dimmer switch and it can be controlled remotely. Fairly cheap in price and does a good job. It can also be programed to work with the pronto. Downside is that you cant control the light as well as I would prefer, such as going from off to a preset level, it only seems to go from off to full bright. It will also dim, but after watching a flick in the dark I would like the lights to transition from off to a dimmed preset level. Any products like this that I can program onto my Pronto?

Thanks peebee for the reply.

Ozzie
I addressed this in another post here

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.