AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using an old Mackie M1200 to power my sub. The amp and the sub are behind my false screen wall.

All the rest of my gear is at the rear of the room.

How can I control the sub power on/off? One approach could be 12v triggers and something like the Xantech AC1:

http://www.xantech.com/products/cont...tchers/ac1.htm

But that's around $100, and I was hoping to spend a lot less.

BTW, everything else in my system is under control via Control4 HC300, but their wireless outlet is only rated for 500w or so, and I need more like 2500w.

Kelly

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Insteon or X-10. They both have a 15 amp outlets which can be remotely triggered. If you have a 20 amp outlet, Homelink has a 20 amp relay module that takes X-10 triggers. You can program a lot of X10 and Insteon commands into remotes. Available at Smarthome.

Beyond that, remote relay triggered by 12 volt...probably not gonna find anything much cheaper than the Xantech (I prefer the Furman).

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the owners manual:

Power Consumption:

65 watts at idle

900 watts with musical program fully loaded

(2 ohms per side, or 4 ohms bridged)

550 watts with musical program fully loaded

(4 ohms per side, or 8 ohms bridged)

850 watts at full power into 8 ohms

(continuous sine wave)

1500 watts at full power into 4 ohms

(continuous sine wave)

2500 watts at full power into 2 ohms

(continuous sine wave)

Perhaps I should be looking at the 550 watts figure?

The single SVS is 4 ohms, but I'm planning on adding a second.

The Control4 wireless outlet is rated up to 700 watts. It would cost about the same as the Xantech, but it would save me the hassle of running another wire across the room, and would be easier to work with overall.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
If this is plugged into a 15 amp circuit, you'll never get 2500 Watts (nor out of a 20 amp circuit). I rather suspect the C4 unit would work fine. I don't know what sub you have but I doubt it is pulling anything over 700 watts.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread here but when do you think your website will be done Dennis?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts