AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 37" Westinghouse and a 52" Sony, they both sit rather close together and I'm having problems with the remotes. It seems the remotes for both TVs interefere with each TV, powering on one with the remote turns the other on, is it possible to change the frequency of the remotes so they don't interefere? Or is there a way to program the remote to only control one of the TVs and not both.

THanks,

Todd H.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any advice. I am having the same problem as the OP.

Please note that my knowledge in this area is near zero. I am looking for a very lo-tech, simple solution, such as finding any non-conflicting codes that I could use in two separate programmable remotes.

This thread suggests that Westinghouse uses Sony codes.

The Westinghouse TV model is SK 26H240S with the OE remote. I don't have the Sony model, but it is a WEGA purchased in the past two or three years. I can get the model if needed (and of the remotes if necessary).

I have the manual for the Westinghouse but can't find anything about remote codes.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
You can't change the codeset your tv's uses. Yes the first westinghouses used the sony codeset, recent ones don't.

Look into a addressable rf remote like URC mx-350, 650, and 850. You setup two devices on the remote set to RF only, then assign each a different output on the addressable RF basestation, sold separately. the basestation is wired to the tv's in a way that only the commands from repeater cable reach the tv. Independent control of each tv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.