AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently installed a MyHD MDP-120 in my media server/recording box. (I intend to play recorded files back through an old MDP-100 in another machine.) I'd like to be able to set the 120's recording schedule ("reservations") from the second computer.

Since both machines run WinXPPro, remote desktop seemed the way to go. But the MyHD app frequently crashes when accessed remotely - and after the first crash, crashes immediately on subsequent attempts to run it remotely - even though it runs fine if I schlep down to the media server and work directly, and goes back to running okay remotely for a while after I do the direct access.

Has anyone had success doing something like I'm trying to do? Any hints as to how to set things up?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yes, I currently have MyHD running on a remote machine. I use remote desktop to control the machine but you need to have the overlay turned off (the small screen viewer in MyHD software). Having this on caused MyHD to blow-up on start-up. I also use Wake-On-Lan to wake my remote computer from hibernation/suspend so I can remotely use it :) I had a lot of problems getting this to work correctly but I've finally got it running sweet.

Only weird problem I have is since the last Micro$oft patch(es), MyHD will give me an "Out of Memory" error (on startup and only when ran from the remote) but after hitting "ok", it works fine. To schedule via TitanTv I just run the browser remotely and schedule MyHD just like I am sitting there. What is sweet, I can edit the capture video and then backup to DVHS all from my office (2nd floor) to my basement HT computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.