AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello eveyone. I acquired a couple of projectors that do not have remotes. A sony 1031q and sony 1271 and and GE imager 414 which i think is a nec 3000. How do i get remotes for these units?. especially the 1031 as it looks to be in pristine condition. thanks

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have one for the 1271 advertised on Videogon.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
There is no remote for a 1031, it's all hands on.

What is called a remote is a vpr-722s switcher, and not really a remote at all but often called that.

You can find NEC remotes for the GE on ebay, and they cost about $100 for new ones and maybe $75 for used.

Troy

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
OR, get a Pronto and download all of the remotes you need. I wouldn't recommend the Pronto for a permanently owned pj, but they are great to store every pj's remote in, so you can use it whenever you get in a strange pj with no remote. Also, you can take ONE remote with you when you are going to check out a bunch of different projectors. There are even very odd pj remotes at www.remotecentral.com available for download, like the Mits 1280 and Panny 1085, neither of which is a common projector. There is an E-home Marquee remote even though the Marquee uses a frequency supposedly too high for the Pronto to learn. I've used every brand of projector Pronto remote and can attest they all work. They are NOT as user freindly as the original remotes, but in a few instances there are direct command buttons to accomplish things which are more complex on the original remote, for instance, there is a direct access button for "DataMode" on a GP projector.

The "right" remotes will all run you at least $50. on ebay, and usually quite a bit more, especially for the Sony remote. They sell new from Sony for $300.+ so the used market is usually around $150.US

PS: For a GP, you MUST have a GP remote as they use ALL direct access buttons for convergence. The Pronto will give you this access too, but you cannot use an NEC PG remote on an NEC GP projector. The service remote for the GP is the 3040. You should also know, GP projectors have a fatal flaw in the ps, and as a result, the cost of a service remote for one is likely equal to the entire projectors worth,IMHO.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well when you say the gp series has power supply issues am i to assume the ge unit does too?. also I did look on remote central for 1271 codes as i have a marantz rc 2000 somewhat like a pronto i guess. could not find any. I'm having a marquee 9501 installed in my home on thursday and i did get the codes from there for it and it worked.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Actually the "GE" is entirely built by NEC. GE never built any crt projectors, they only oem'd from NEC, so yes, the "GE" is in fact an NEC GP3000 in EVERY way except the paint on the outer plastic. Its ps will fail.

The Marantz RC2000 is different from the Pronto, because it can ONLY be taught from another remote, whereas the Pronto can be programmed via computer. All Sony crt remotes are the same so any of the five files on remote central will do the job.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my marantz can be fed with the computer files. thats how i programmed it for both the ge and electrohome .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my marantz can be fed with the computer files. thats how i programmed it for both the ge and electrohome .

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Then it must be a Marantz RC5000 or RC5000i or RC5200 or RC9200. I've got an RC2000, it is the original learning remote and has no computer programming capabilities that I know of, if it does, I'd love to know how to program it. Does your remote consist mostly of a single large LCD screen ? or is it mostly "hard" buttons with a small LCD screen on top ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm sorry i was wrong i have the marantz rc5000.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Ahhhh that explains it ! That Marantz is a Pronto(same parent company). You don't need to buy any remotes unless you think you're going to keep one of those projectors. The "1292" remote on remote central works well for any Sony 127X, its the one in my Pronto.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.