AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this is possible. I have looked through the manual and perhaps I missed something, but in some VCRs I have had, I could remove an index mark made when a new recording is started. On the Panasonic DMR-ES25S I have, if I inadvertadly stop a recording and then restart immediately, there is an index mark that I don't believe I can remove. I am referring to a DVD-R disc. Correct?

Another thing while I have your attention. If I touch the time slip button by mistake, there is no way to reverse that, is that correct?

Thanks for any help.

John

·
Registered
2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barjo4 /forum/post/0

I am not sure if this is possible. I have looked through the manual and perhaps I missed something, but in some VCRs I have had, I could remove an index mark made when a new recording is started. On the Panasonic DMR-ES25S I have, if I inadvertadly stop a recording and then restart immediately, there is an index mark that I don't believe I can remove. I am referring to a DVD-R disc. Correct?

Another thing while I have your attention. If I touch the time slip button by mistake, there is no way to reverse that, is that correct?

Thanks for any help.

John

I am not sure what you mean by "index mark" on the DVDs, so I'll try to give a general purpose answer for now.

Every time you start/stop a recording, it creates a new title (you see it as a thumbnail in Direct Navigator).

Chapter mark(er)s are created automatically on DVD-R (and DVD+R and DVD-RW(Video)) after you finalize them. The only type of media you can manually insert/delete chapter marks with Panasonic is DVD-RAM discs.

If you record something accidentally, you can always delete that title, but for -R/+R the space they occupied won't be reclaimed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.